Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 3 - gjalpë kikiriku

 pic kinda looks like us right?! gonna take a better one where we're straight matchingg

Përshëndetje, fam! 
haha gjalpë kikiriku = peanut butter btw. Fun word right? Albanian is sure a crazy language. Learned lotsa grammatik this week which is way complicated and most of it seems unnecessary, but still qejf (fun) and bukur and I just love me some Shqip ;)

Alright I jotted down some weekly highlights during lunch so I don't just ramble w/o proofreading, so here we go! 
Almost have the whole 1st vision memorized në Shqip, and my fave Albanian hymn is "Lutje a e the" (did you think to pray) which I also have memorized since I sing it all the time... actually our whole district knows it well by now, and when we have a minute to spare we jam out using our resources; books and water bottles on our desks as drumsets or clicking/clapping/ watevs while walking... sounds maybe irreverent but no worries it's not! ;) Haha it actually sounds pretty good and we love to "perform" for the Finns/Huns in our zone. We want to get a quality recording to send home!

Speaking of the Huns, the old group leaves real soon, and we just got about 15 new ones. One of them I was very excited about, because he is a native German, which means I get to practice my Deutsch all the time! It all comes back to me when I go to speak with a native which is such a relief b/c my once-conversational Russian is now pretty rough when I try to speak with natives since Albanian words keep popping out, so glad German seems to be ingrained in my mind. Thanks for forcing me to go to Deutsche Schule mom and dad, even though I hated it at first !

We had TRC last week and have it again tonight, and it is really just fun! We meet with Albanian speakers and just chat/share a little stress-free lesson with some BYU students/Shqiperia RM's, I really enjoy it. Yesterday we got to skype with natives for the first time, also really fun, and guess whose face popped up on my computer screen... my friend Alma Osmeni! (her native Albanian friend from BYU-I) So fun.

On Tuesday Linda K. Burton, RS general prez, spoke to us for devo and I liked how she read from Ether ch.6 and compared the Jaredites venturing into the unknown to us missionaries faithfully heading off on our mission journeys... 3 wks down, 6 to go, swappin' out Provo, UT for the Adriatic South woo! Btw I hear new years is CRAZY over there. 1st impression haha yay. These past two devotionals we were supposed to have some apostles come speak to us but they cancelled, but even if our speakers aren't as well-known as Holland or Uchtdorf, I have yet to be disappointed!

Any fun plans for Thanksgiving?? Staying in FL right? I'm excited to celebrate here, I'm sure they'll do our best to make us feel at home, and as usual, we will be spiritually fed as well ~ now that's what I call a feast ;) 

Yes, the days here are longgg but when I stop for a second and look back I am amazed at how quickly they fly by. I'm sure that's how the whole mission will be (and let's be honest, that's kinda how LIFE is too really) and there is just no room/ time for regrets... gotta make every second count!!

What are y'all's fave scriptures regarding gratitude? I'd love to make personal scripture study festive haha.

Don't be fooled if my pics make it look like I am having too much fun/ slackin' off... 98% of the time I'm in the classroom learning new fjala dhe grammatik ose mesimi me kerkuesit :)

Life here at the MTC is hard work but fun and rewarding and already worth it, and my favorite part so far is teaching/having great discussions with our sweet investigators (role-playing maybs, but a real experience, that's forsure). My shoqen and I have gotten much better and finding a balance when teaching, and really I just lucked out getting her as a companion because she is just really great and we work very hard together and keep each other on task, but still manage to have fun and laugh lots.

Thanks for all the mail (esp. photobooks/cards mom ah thanks!) and love, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING <3 <3 I am thankful for youuuuuu. :) xoxoxoxoxo

Ju dua, Familja dashur! Unë e di se, kjo bukur Ungjillin është i veërtetë, dhe falëminderit shumë për çdo gja. Mirë u Pafshim!! 


Motra Rajlli <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment