Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 26 - Kosovo

I've had the best comps everrr  - love this crazy Chilean 
(everrr=also Motrat Cheshire dhe Zollinger of course hehe) 

bukë e kripë e një zemër të bardhë ♫

Mirëdita Ju, qysh po kaloni? 

Happy P-day ;)

As you saw from a couple pics, we have a new apt! So good thing I'm training because that means an extra hour of comp. study which means an extra hour in our cozy and spacious new place with a sweet view. (I love living downtown in this cool city, I love our balcony.) ☼ 

Anyways...
this past week was great of course, because I'm in Prishtinë, as a missionary, but rejection after rejection got me thinking more about what I can do to strengthen this area and branch and make a difference (rather than just pass time "serving" here) and just got me thinking about what the heck I can do to be a more effective missionary and be able to share this gospel message that's helped me in so many ways. Forget baptisms or numbers, I'm saying just listen, give it a chance. If people would only open their hearts and let themselves believe. My trainee and I (she's AMAZING, by the way.. did I mention?) had similar thoughts on the matter which led to some amazing discussions..defining faith, testimonies, purpose of missions, and LIFE of course etc., ya know. I think that's my favorite part of serving with a companion.. besides all the laughs and stories (& let's be real, patience-building experiences..jk, not with this one!) etc., learning from each-other is such a blessing. "When the way you look at things changes, the things you look at change." All about the perspective, right?

Had some miracle moments while tracting and met some great people who we're excited to follow up on, and also weeded out some not-as-interested potentials and I'm constantly reminded of how much our members here sacrifice and they are just amazing and such examples.

I love my mission. Yes, I love this city and the streets and cafes and cozy apt. we live in and fun friends we meet and activities we get to help with and perfect weather etc. but mostly I love the chance to testify of Jesus Christ and his gospel because teaching solidifies what you know and even better, seeing this message impact people is what really makes it so great. 

3Nefi 11: 37-38 (repeat for emphasis) and 41! Simple and to-the-point. 
(37 And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and become as a little child, and be baptized in my name, or ye can in nowise receive these things.
41 Therefore, go forth unto this people, and declare the words which I have spoken, unto the ends of the earth.)

Love ya guys! Ju uroj një javë e bukur, fare. 

<3 Motra Rajlli :) 

ps looks like you liked the package hehe nice blog post shoutout and motra ariza got tons of email from family friends haha so thanks for getting her some penpals ;) 

 made this house a home :) hah lemme tell ya, looks a lot different than when the elders left it.. 
hahah not fast enough 

 
 huge thanks to everyone who ever wrote me a card because they brighten my day every time I glance at this wall :) 
hahah our friends at albi market lent us a cart to move some stuff.. got some weird looks in the elevator lol

so cool right?! check out these languages! the Arabic one's my fave. (good thing people here love reading books of scripture in Arabic.. worth a try right?)

 explored the inside of this abandoned orthodox church last p-day.. motra ariza and i trade off picking what we do on p-day and that's what she chose! 

cool old buildings=flashback to all the castles we went to in England and Deutschland 

and end of p-day, aboutta go teach fhe which was soo fun aka got to belt out "let it go" w 6-yo A 

we love all the Kafes... yeah our work here is emotionally and physically exhausting, but with 50cent herbal tea at nice cafes with perfect weather it's hard to complain! 

 besa! our friend/potential investigator, came to conf. w her boyfriend who is here with the army, and an awesome member here, brother G, (who is also here with the US army) invites them to church and activities 

 haha we bought RayBans for 1 euro! and the next day we were told we're not allowed to wear sunglasses? oh well, #souvenir #notknockoff 

 SWEET view from tracting (elevator was broken.. 8 flights of stairs=leg workout) 

 
check out this cool (sketchy, broken) elevator

 and of course had a little photoshoot 

 

this graffiti says "the Albanian religion is...ISLAM" 

No comments:

Post a Comment