Sunday, December 7, 2014

Week 5 - Gjyshtë

Çkemi fam!

This past week was filled with some shumë, shumë mirë speakers. Perks of being stuck here (but I actually really like it here lol) for 9 weeks? Get to hear from the best of the best. (And my halfway mark was this past Sunday wow almost time to head off to SHQIPERIA). 

I'll start with Thanksgiving. Definitely way different than any other, but I was so pleasantly surprised because it was just so different from any other day here at the MTC, and so fun! We had David A. Bednar speak to us, and he did a Q&A with us. I was in the choir so if the broadcast is online, go look for me! 2nd alto ;) He is really great though, and I wished we would have had longer because I liked what he had to say and he brought up some points I love, i.e. science isn't necessarily 100% foolproof; when you're scientifically proving something you're just taking away all the options that prove a theory wrong in order to prove it right so to some degree there's always a little part of it that may be wrong (that's what I got out of a comment he made) and just how we always think of science and religion as complete opposite ends of the spectrum when they are actually intertwined and help each other out (I'm sure a few people disagree with that idea haha!) (Oh a question that I've always had, concerning the fall was brought up... why would God give Adam & Eve two conflicting commandments/ why would he forbid them to do something but when they disobey it turns out to be a great thing etc.. he gave a great explanation about how it wasn't disobedience, it was a CHOICE with of course consequences and I understand it a lot better but dad (& anyone else) what are your thoughts? I value your dry council opinion.) 

And speaking of questions, this past week a couple of our teachers let us ask questions and we went through them as a class and I LOVE that because even if I "know" an answer I learn so much from others' insights and also it is just mind- blowing to really think about where we come from/where we're going... I guess I don't often let what I preach sink in, but it's pretty huge. And when it comes down to it, if I can't answer every single question I have, that's okay, because we're not supposed to know EVERYTHING; gotta have some faith right?

(Back to Thxgiving)  .... for lunch we had a thanksgiving cafeteria feast #greenbeans #yams (are hashtags still a thing?) and it was fun talking to the international missionaries during their first thanksgiving awh! Expressing gratitude isn't unique to North Americans but our traditions are! <3 Haha thanksgiving dinner was sack lunches (aka fruit + chips'n salsa party) eaten sitting on the floor in the hallway by our classrooms with our zone. Motra White and I (love her! from SoCal, my COMPETITIVE basketball buddy) tried to get a little turkeybowl started with our zone but it was hard to tackle each other in skirts inside.. it was fun while it lasted (<2min). We got to watch Meet the Mormons! Soo good! Also watched it again Sunday night, I love it. If you haven't seen it, go watch it asap, and esp. show to nonmember friends b/c it should def. clear up some crazy misconceptions. And Thanksgiving night christmas lights were up in the MTC courtyard! The most wonderful time of the year <3 <3

Haha but speaking of basketball with Motra White? I think I've mentioned, that's my fave thing to do at gym time because we get such a good workout in and we totally foul/beat each other up but we both agreed it's worth it since it's so fun haha.. but yesterday while playing (3-on-3 with Elders but us sisters just guard each other) I glanced down at my hand and it was covered in blood! Hahaha ew but it didn't even hurt, I think she accidentally scratched me, and she has all these bruises lol.... hahah anyways, about missionary work & the daily grind here at the MTC:

Lessons are still going surprisingly very well; Motra Cheshire and I are getting better at being "evenly yoked" and when we plan/prepare well beforehand, we don't have to use notes etc and are actually able to discuss/ have good conversations and teach what we want to and I really love that. But it's def. not only us; Holy Ghost plays a big role.

Okay this is soo long sorry I'll be brief but ah Sunday we had some GREAT speakers: For RS we had Sherri Dew, who is AWESOME and answered questions I didn't even know I had, and our devo that night was BYU's vocal point! So fun!! And they ended with "nearer, my God, to thee"... das my jamm! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyxXGdG3-Io

And Tuesday night? David F. Evans spoke to us and he was also really good. We watched the #sharethegift video also... go watch it right now and #shareit! :) Neat to talk about as missionaries because we share this gift all year round, not just in December. 

http://www.mormon.org/christmas?cid=HPFR112814529

(Oh also I updated my mormon.org prof if ya wanna check that out, but don't look at it if you speak fluent Albanian, Russian, or German, because I tried to bear my teatimony in each of those briefly but was rushed and am sure there are tons of mistakes haha watevs, tryna make it a little more interesting!)

 (I can't find her new profile, but here's her old one)

Oh and yesterday morning we skyped this awesome Albanian named Endrit and it was really fun and he told us he wasn't a member so we got scared to teach but joke's on us b/c he's been a member for 13 yrs. Shyqyr! Shakaa. Our teacher said he told her we were ready to go to Albania wow, I wish, but thanks for the compliment Endrit!

Okay hahah this is soo long but enjoy it b/c they'll prolly be way shorter once I'm over in the Adriatic South.

PLease, anyone reading this, write to mee:) I'm a pretty good penpal ;) I hardly have anyone's addresses (email etc. too) otherwise I would totally be the first to write! (And send me fave scriptures/ quotes/ insights & ideas for teachings/ ideas for ab workouts lol, if ya have any?)

Ju Dua!!!! Merry (lol "Madison"*) CHRISTmas/ Gëzuar Krishtlindjën!! 

<3 Motra Rajlli  

* Explanation about "(lol "Madison)" :  when Madi was about 3 years old, she thought it very unfair that everyone said "Mary Christmas". Her twin sister was named Mary. So whenever Madi heard someone say, "Mary Christmas," she always responded with "Madison Christmas!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment